Recruitment of Prospective Independent Contractors for a Pre-Engineered Building Manufacturer
From the client’s 250 independent contractors , identify and recruit contractors with business profiles similar to the client’s top 52 contractors who normally generate 80% of the client’s total annual revenue.
Preferred Prospect Profile:
Larger contractors located in 14Western U.S.states.
Must have experience in pre-engineered building construction
Minimum number of full-time employees = 10
Annual minimum revenue = $500,000.
Merge D&B and InfoUSA lists to target larger contractors with known pre-engineered building manufacturer affiliations.
Average Lifetime Value of a good contractor is $154,802 based on five-year, 60% retention rate.
Program produced 224 leads of which 33% were evaluated as being true, fully qualified prospects based on the following information supplied by responding prospects:
- Current association with a manufacturer of pre-engineered building systems, plus the name of that manufacturer and number of years associated;
- If not currently associated with a manufacturer of pre-engineered building systems, has company been associated with one within the past five years. If so, the number of association years
- Names of the counties in which the contractor is currently doing construction work on a regular basis
- Types of buildings the contractor has constructed within the past three years
- Does contractor currently specializes in constructing buildings for a specific industry or industries
- Approximate percentage of the contractor’s business volume that is bid and/or negotiated. If negotiated, approximate percentage that is design/build
- Is contractor currently working on a project (or projects) for which client could provide an estimate (or estimates)
- Contractor’s present bonding capacity
- Is contractor-owner or a specified person actively involved in pursuing new building projects If so, approximate amount of time being spent each week in pursuit of new building projects
- Best day(s) and time(s) during the work week contractor-owner is available to meet with a District Manager from the client’s office.
Expected closure rate was 30% (i.e. 22 new contractors).
Return on program investment = 708%